The Strong‑Drive® SDWC Truss Screw provides a truss and rafter-to-top plate connection as well as a method to fasten stud-to-top and bottom plate. The fully-threaded shank engages the entire length of the fastener providing a secure connection.
The SDWC uplift values listed were analysed and calculated based on the characteristic values determined following AS1649-2001 (Timber-Methods of Test for Mechanical Fasteners and Connectors-Basic Working Loads and Characteristic Strength). The SDWC has also been tested in accordance with ICC-ES AC233 (screw) and AC13 (wall assembly and roof-to-wall assembly) for uplift and lateral loads between wall plates and vertical wall framing and between the top plate and the roof rafters or trusses.
E‑Coat™ (SDWC15600 has a Orange Topcoat)
Features & Benefits
- Cap Head countersinks fully into the double top plate to avoid interference with plasterboard or finish trades
- Orange colour for easy inspection of 152 mm screws
- Fully-threaded shank engages the entire length of the fastener, providing a secure connection between the roof and wall framing members
- Type-17 Point for faster starts and easier driving
- Wide tolerance on installation angle makes it easy to install the SDWC correctly — Installation guide included to help ensure proper installation angle
- Can be installed from inside the structure, eliminating exterior work on the upper stories and enhancing job safety
- Fastening can be performed before or after exterior sheathing is applied for added flexibility
- Installation guide included in pack to help ensure proper installation angle
- Truss/Rafter-to-Top Plate connection
- Stud-to-Top and Bottom Plate connection