The ABU Adjustable Post Base provides a high‑strength connection between the post and concrete. Designed to install on hardened concrete with either a cast‑in‑place or post‑installed anchor, the ABU is designed to provide strong uplift performance for areas where uplift from high winds is a concern. It’s stand-off base keeps the timber away from standing moisture which is especially important when using laminated posts.
Please check Corrosion Information if it is suitable for your application.
Material & Finish
- Carbon Steel ZMAX® Galvanised
Features & Benefits
- The slotted base enables flexible positioning around the anchor bolt, making precise post placement easier
- The 25mm standoff meets code requirements and helps prevent rot at the end of the post in applications where weather or moisture are present
- ZMAX® galvanisation offers extra corrosion resistance for exterior and preservative‑treated timber applications
- Available in 316 Stainless Steel for more corrosive environments such as coastal areas
- The post can be fastened with either nail, bolts or Strong‑Drive® SD Connector screws
- Use all specified fasteners
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non‑top supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports)