The Strong‑Drive® SD Connector Screw is used with our connectors. Designed to replace nails in certain products, the load-rated Strong‑Drive® SD Connector screw has been tested and approved for use in many popular Simpson Strong‑Tie® products.
In certain applications screws are easier and more convenient to install than nails, and the single-fastener load values achieved by the SD9 and SD10 exceed those of typical 10d common or 16d common nails, respectively. In addition, the galvanised coating makes the Strong‑Drive® SD Connector screw ideal for interior and most exterior conditions.
The Strong‑Drive® SD Connector screw features an optimised shank, specifically designed for capability with the fastener holes in Simpson Strong‑Tie® connectors.
Features & Benefits
- Specifically designed to replace nails in certain Simpson Strong‑Tie® connectors, and is the only screw approved for that application
- 1/4″ Hex Head reduces cam-out for easier installation
- Shank is specifically designed to match the fastener holes in Simpson Strong‑Tie connectors
- Serrated Threads and Sharp Point make driving easier
- Optimised heat treating for ductility and strength
- Simpson Strong‑Tie® Connectors