Strong‑Drive® connectors have been designed and tested with specific types of nails, which are generally referred to as Structural Connector Nails (SCN). The specified nail size, type and quantity must be installed in the correct holes of the connector or strap to achieve the published loads for the hardware. The dimensions and bending yield strength characteristics needed for nails used in Simpson Strong-Tie connectors.
The SCN Smooth-Shank Connector Nail has been developed as the optimum nail for connector products. It is the best choice for achieving maximum load values in Simpson Strong‑Tie® structural connectors. This nail is available for both hand-drive and CCN64 Collated Connector Nailer.
Features & Benefits
- Full round head with embossed size identification
- Smooth shank makes for easier driving
- Diamond Point provides lower driving resistance
- Collated version with orange tips and 33° collation angle help with quick alignment through CCN64 Collated Connector Nailer
- Paper tape strip, 22 nails per strip
Simpson Strong‑Tie® Connectors