The CPT Concealed Post Base provides a clean look to expose the natural beauty of the timber.
Reduce the potential of timber decay at the post end with a 25 mm standoff.
Please check Corrosion Information if it is suitable for your application.
- CPTZ – Carbon Steel; CPTSS – 316 Stainless Steel
- 2.7mm thick (base), 3.5mm thick (knife plate)
- ZMAX® Galvanised: CPTZ
Features & Benefits
- Manufactured in heavier gauge steel for a stronger connection
- The post support blade can be used as a template for location to drill dowel holes
- Black powder coated base for a modern appearance
- Tested and load-rated engineering data available
- Suitable for Glulam and solid sawn timber
- It can be installed with either mechanical or chemical anchors (dependant on engineering specifications)
- Available in a range of sizes to suit 90mm, 115mm, 140mm and 190mm posts
- The 90 mm size is also available in 316 Stainless Steel for for more corrosive environments such as coastal areas
- All pins and fasteners needed for installation are included
- Use all specified fasteners
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non‑braced or non‑top‑supported installations
- Anchorage Options:
- The holes in the CPT tabs are sized for 12mm diameter anchors
- For cast‑in‑place anchors, there should be 22mm (±3mm) of anchor above the top surface of the concrete